Invicti is frequently updated with new security checks to ensure that all users can scan their websites for the latest threats to the security of their website applications.
By default, Invicti Standard connects to the update server and checks for updates once daily. When an update is available, you are prompted to download it.
There are two alternative options:
- Remind Me Later postpones the update by one week
- Cancel closes the dialog
During updates, Invicti checks only licensing information.
How to Update Invicti Standard
- At the prompt, click Download & Install.
- The scanner will download the update and it will be applied as it restarts Invicti Standard.
How to Disable Automatic Updates
We do not recommend that you disable automatic updates, as your list of security threats is out of date very quickly.
- From the Home tab, click Options. The Options dialog box is displayed.
- Click Auto Update.
- Deselect the Enable Daily Auto Updates option. (Alternatively, you can click ‘download our offline installer’ to download and install Invicti Standard.)
- Click Save.
How to Check for Updates
If your automatic updates are disabled, you can manually check for further updates instead. From the Help tab, click Check for Updates. This will check whether a new version of Invicti Standard has been released. (Alternatively, click CTRL+U.)
How to Check for VDB Updates
From the Help tab, click Check for VDB Updates. Depending on whether there are updates or not, a Check for VDB Updates dialog is displayed with one of the following messages:
- No vulnerability database updates found.
- Successfully updated vulnerability database to v[2018.02.01.1925].