Adding a website or API
To run a security scan on a website using Invicti Enterprise, you need to add a website or API.
What is a website?
A website is defined in Invicti as a fully qualified domain name (FQDN). An FQDN is the complete domain name for a specific target and consists of two parts: the hostname and the domain name.
The below examples are considered to be 1 website as they share the same FQDN.
Subdomains and ports share the same FQDN but are considered to be different websites. For example:
Many websites to add? See Importing Websites in Invicti Enterprise.
Once you add a website, it will immediately use a license.
How to add a website or API in Invicti Enterprise
- Log in to Invicti Enterprise.
- From the main menu, select Websites & APIs > New Website or API.
- In the Name field, enter a friendly name for the website.
- In the Description field, enter information for the website.
- In the URL field, enter the website’s URL. It must include ‘http’ or ‘https’.
- In the Website Groups checklist, by default, the website is part of the Default group. Select another option, if relevant. Alternatively, select Select All. (For further information, see Website Groups in Invicti Enterprise.)
- From the Technical Contact drop-down list, select an option. (The current user is the default technical contact.)
- In the Website Tags field, enter a name or value. (For further information about the website tags, see Tagging websites in Invicti Enterprise.)
- In Invicti Enterprise (On-Demand only), there is an additional field, Agent Mode. Select an option.
- Select Save.
Once saved, you can access the list of your websites in Invicti Enterprise. To do this, from the main menu, select Websites & APIs > Websites & APIs. From the list, you can edit and delete websites. For further information, see Managing websites and APIs in Invicti Enterprise.