Ping Identity software provides federated identity management and intelligent access so users can connect securely to the cloud, mobile, and on-premises apps. The platform uses adaptive authentication and SSO for single-click access to all apps. This prevents security breaches and helps with the management of sensitive data.
- Using Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML), a user can use their managed account credentials to sign in to enterprise cloud applications via Single Sign-On (SSO). An Identity Provider (IdP) service provides administrators with a single place to manage all users and cloud applications.
- You don't have to manage individual user IDs and passwords tied to individual cloud applications for each of your users. An IdP service provides your users with a unified sign-on across all their enterprise cloud applications.
- Invicti Enterprise supports the SAML methods both IdP initiated and SP initiated.
- You can also create a new user in Invicti Enterprise with the Enable Auto Provisioning option.
If you encounter any problem while setting up SSO integration, see Troubleshooting SSO Issues.
You have to use IdP-initiated SSO if you want to utilize Auto Provisioning.
If you will use SP-initiated SSO, please set the Name ID Format value to email address on the IdP side.
Single Sign-On Fields
This table lists and explains the Single Sign-On fields in the Configure Single Sign-On window.
|Enable||Select this option to enable the single sign-on feature.|
|Enforce to authenticate only with single sign-on||Enable this option so only administrator users can authenticate without single sign-on. Users can only sign in to Invicti Enterprise by using the email address that belongs to their employer.|
|IdP Identifier||This is the SAML identity provider’s Identifier value.|
|SAML 2.0 Service URL||This is the Consumer URL value (also called the SSO Endpoint or Recipient URL).|
|SAML 2.0 Endpoint||This is the URL from your IdP's SSO Endpoint field.|
|X.509 Certificate||This is the X.509 certificate value.|
How to Configure PingIdentity Single Sign-On Integration with SAML
- Log in to your PingIdentity account and navigate to My Applications.
- Click Add Application, then New SAML Application.
The Application Details window is displayed.
- Complete the Application Name and Application Description fields.
- From the Category dropdown, select an option.
- Click Continue to Next Step. The Application Configuration window is displayed.
- Select I have the SAML configuration.
- Next, log in to Invicti Enterprise, and from the main menu, click Settings, then Single Sign-On. The Single Sign-On window is displayed. Select Ping Identity from the drop-down list.
- Copy the URL from the SAML 2.0 Service URL field.
- Then, in PingIdentity's Application Configuration window, paste the URL into the Assertion Consumer Service (ACS) field.
- Finally, in Invicti, copy the URL from the Identifier field.
- Then, in PingIdentity's Application Configuration window, paste the URL into the Entity ID field.
- Click Continue to Next Step. The SSO Attribute Mapping window is displayed.
- If you selected Enable Auto Provisioning for user creation in Invicti Enterprise you should complete the FirstName, LastName and Phone Number (optional) fields in SSO Attribute Mapping. If you did not select it, you do not need to complete anything.
- Click Continue to Next Step. The Review Setup window is displayed.
- In the SAML Metadata field, click Download to download the SAML metadata.
- Click Finish, and assign your users.
- Open the downloaded SAML metadata file, and copy the URL located in the EntityDescriptor node>entityID attribute:
- Then, log in to Invicti Enterprise, and from the main menu click Settings, then Single Sign-On. The Single Sign-On window is displayed. Select Ping Identity from the drop-down list, and paste the URL into the Idp Identifier field.
- Next, copy the URL from the SingleSignOnService node>Location attribute field.
- Then in Invicti Enterprise's Single Sign-On window, paste the URL into SAML 2.0 Endpoint field.
- Finally, copy the content of the X509Certificate node (signing).
- Then in Invicti Enterprise's Single Sign-On window, paste it into the X.509 Certificate field.
- On Invicti Enterprise's Configure Single Sign-On page, select one or all of the following options, if necessary:
- Enable Auto Provisioning: If enabled, an account will be automatically created for IdP-registered users when they first access Invicti Enterprise. To do so, you must complete the FirstName, LastName, and Phone Number (optional) fields in the Attribute Statements on the IdP side.
- Require SAML assertions to be encrypted: If enabled, it prevents third parties from reading private data in transit from assertions. There are two options:
- Generate a new certificate for me: Invicti generates a key pair. Invicti will keep a private key to decrypt received SAML messages and provide you with a certificate so that you can upload it on the IdP side.
- I have an existing certificate: You need to upload your certificate to Invicti by importing a decryption certificate from your files.
- Use Alternate Login Email: If enabled, this lets users use alternative email for SSO. So, you can enter an alternative email on the New Member Invitation page and while editing the user's details on the Team page.
- Select Save Changes.