TeamCity is a build management and CI server that allows users to run automated tests on the server after committing code but before going into production. Teamcity functionality can be extended using our new Invicti Enterprise Scan TeamCity plugin.
This topic explains how to use the new Invicti Enterprise TeamCity plugin to integrate Invicti Enterprise with TeamCity to enable our advanced integration functionality.
For further information, see What Systems Does Invicti Integrate With?.
Downloading and Installing the TeamCity Plugin
The Invicti Enterprise Scan TeamCity plugin is packaged into a jar file called teamcity-plugin.zip.
How to Download and Install the TeamCity Plugin
- Log in to Invicti Enterprise.
- From the main menu, select Integrations > New Integration > TeamCity.
- Select Download the plugin, and save the file to a location of your choice. (Alternatively, you can download it from Invicti Enterprise Scan.
- Open TeamCity.
- From the top menu, select Administration.
- From the Plugins List menu, select Upload plugin zip.
- Select Choose File.
- Select the teamcity-plugin.zip file you downloaded in a previous step, then Open to upload it. The Upload Plugin Zip dialog is displayed.
- Select Upload.
- Finally, enable the uploaded plugin.
Configuring the TeamCity Project
Each TeamCity project has its own configurations. Each configuration has its own build steps. To use the Invicti Enterprise Scan task, it must be added as a build step.
How to Configure the TeamCity Project
- Open TeamCity. In the Administration window, from the main menu select Invicti Enterprise. The Invicti Enterprise API Settings window is displayed.
- In the API Settings section, enter the API credentials: Invicti Enterprise Server URL and API Token.
- Select Test Connection.
- Select Save.
- From the Project-related Settings menu, select Projects. The Projects window is displayed.
- Select the project to which you want to add the Invicti Enterprise Scan plugin. The project window is displayed.
- Select Create Build Configuration. The Create Build Configuration window is displayed.
- Complete the Name, Build Configuration ID, and other fields.
- Select Create. The New VCS Root window is displayed.
- Complete the setup for the VCS Root, or skip and complete it later.
- Select Build Steps and Add build step. The New Build Step window is displayed.
- From the Runner type drop-down, select Invicti Enterprise Scan.
- From the Invicti Enterprise Scan build step, select the relevant scan settings.
- Select Save.
- From the upper-right, select Run to start the build.
Viewing Invicti Scan Results in TeamCity
Once you have downloaded and installed the plugin, configured the project, and run a scan, you can view scans in both TeamCity and Invicti Enterprise.
For further information, see Scan Results Report.
How to View Invicti Scan Results in TeamCity
In TeamCity, navigate to a finished build and select Invicti Enterprise Report.