The Slowest Pages node lists the top ten slowest pages by URL and Response Time during a scan.
The scan duration is also related to the response time of the server. For example, if a scan takes 30 minutes to complete with an average response time of 200ms, it takes an hour to complete the scan with an average response time of 400ms. Response time can affect scan performance.
In addition to the scan performance, the slowest pages may have errors or inefficiencies in the code. It can also be used to perform Denial of Service (DoS) attack. Even though pages that are slow to load do not pose a direct security threat, it is good to know about them for troubleshooting purposes.
Invicti forms Knowledge Base nodes upon its findings. If the Slowest Pages node is not listed, it means that Invicti did not find any issue.
For further information, see Knowledge Base Nodes.
How to View the Slowest Pages Node in Invicti Enterprise
- Log in to Invicti Enterprise.
- From the main menu, click Scans, then Recent Scans. The Recent Scans window is displayed.
- Next to the relevant website, click Report.
- From the Technical Report section, click the Knowledge Base tab.
- Click the Slowest Pages node. The information is displayed in a Slowest Pages tab.
How to View the Slowest Pages Node in Invicti Standard
- Open Invicti Standard
- Start a Scan or open a previously saved scan.
- The Knowledge Base is displayed on the right of the Scan Summary Dashboard. (If it is hidden, display it again using the Knowledge Base icon on the View tab on the ribbon. Alternatively, click the Reset Layout icon on the View tab, then close the Activity/Progress/Logs panes to give maximum viewing space.)
- Ensure that the Knowledge Base Viewer is also displayed. (If it is hidden, you can display it again using the Knowledge Base Viewer button on the View tab. You may also want to close the Activity/Progress/Logs panes.)
- Click the Slowest Pages node in the Knowledge Base. All detected Slowest Pages are displayed in the Knowledge Base Viewer.