Excluding Invicti files from antivirus scans
Some antivirus or anti-malware software can prevent Invicti Standard, Invicti Enterprise (On-Premises), and the Internal Agent component of Invicti Enterprise (On-Demand) from working or cause them to run very slowly. To resolve this issue, you can exclude Invicti files from the antivirus scans by adding them to your antivirus exception list (also known as a 'whitelist' or 'allow-list'). This allows you to continue utilizing your antivirus software for malware protection and simultaneously use your Invicti product.
This article lists the Invicti files and folders that should be excluded from antivirus, anti-malware, EPP, EDR, or any other protection scanning software you use.
Invicti files and folders for exclusion
Here are the files and folders to exclude from your antivirus protection scans:
- All Invicti Enterprise folders
- Invicti Enterprise IIS websites
- Invicti Enterprise agents services
- IIS process (w3wp.exe from System32)
The following are the default file paths, however, these may be different depending on your Invicti installation:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Invicti Enterprise Web Application
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Invicti Enterprise Authentication Verifier Service
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Invicti Enterprise Authentication Verifier Agent
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Invicti Enterprise Agent
- Scan data paths on other disk drives that you set on your server
- Agent scan data folders named Invicti Enterprise as a default
For instructions on how to exclude Invicti files and folders from your antivirus scans, refer to your antivirus vendor's support documentation.