Installing Invicti Standard
Invicti Standard is the Windows application edition of the Invicti web application scanner solution. Both downloading and installing Invicti Standard are straightforward, meaning you can start scanning web applications immediately.
Before installing Invicti Standard, always ensure that you have the latest service pack and Windows updates on your computer.
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 or Windows 10; for server versions: Windows Server 2016 or above (Windows Server 2019 recommended)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 11
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8
- 1.8 GHz or faster processor. Dual-core or better recommended
- 4GB of available RAM (8 GB or higher recommended)
- 1 GB of HDD space for installation. Typical disk usage per scan should be less than 100 MB, depending on the target site complexity and attacking options, this value may increase to a few GBs
Planning to enable TLS 1.3? If so, it is strongly recommended that you have Windows 11 or Windows Server 2022.
How to Install Invicti Standard
- Download the latest version of Invicti Standard from the download link provided when you purchased the license.
- From the download location, double-click InvictiSetup.exe. The Invicti Setup Installation Wizard opens at the first step, the License Agreement.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install Invicti Standard.
Once installed, Invicti Standard will start and prompt you to enter license information. For further information, please see How to Activate a License in Invicti Standard.
Downloading Invicti Standard from Invicti Enterprise
Invicti Team and Enterprise Licenses also let you download Invicti Standard and use it with your license key.
To download Invicti Standard, you need to be an account administrator or have the permission to manage websites.
How To Download Invicti Standard from Invicti Enterprise
- Log in to Invicti Enterprise.
- Select [Your Name] (top right of window), then License. The Account License window is displayed.
- From the Invicti Desktop Scanner section, click the Invicti Desktop Scanner link. The download will start immediately.
To install Invicti Standard, see How to Install Invicti Standard.
You can integrate Invicti Standard with Invicti Enterprise to upload finished scans. For further information, see How to Upload Finished Scans to Invicti Enterprise Automatically from Invicti Standard and Integrating Invicti Standard with Invicti Enterprise.
Using the Offline License Wizard
If you are installing Invicti Standard on a machine with no internet access, you can activate your license by following the Offline Activation wizard steps.
How To Activate Your License Offline
- Open Invicti Standard. The License Required window is displayed.
- Enter your license key and click Activate. If the host machine is offline, The License Activation dialog is displayed and open at the Offline Activation step.
- Click Next. Step 1 in the Offline Activation process is displayed.
- Enter the path to the file where Invicti license file will be saved, or click the ellipsis () and select a save location.
- Click Next. Step 2 in the Offline Activation process is displayed.
- Click Copy URL to Clipboard.
- Click Next. Step 3 in the Offline Activation process is displayed.
- Log in to a machine with internet access.
- Open a web browser and paste the URL you copied in the previous step into the address bar. The Invicti License Activation page is displayed.
- Drag and drop the file you saved in Step 1 (in this example, invicti.nsl) onto the Drop files here to upload area. Another .nsl file with a randomly generated name is downloaded.
- Drag and drop the file to the Drop File Here area on Step 3: Load the downloaded file window (or click the ellipsis and locate it).
- Click Next.
- Click Finish. A confirmation message is displayed.