Stack Trace Disclosure (CakePHP Framework)
Invicti identified a stack trace disclosure (CakePHP Framework) in the target web server's HTTP response.
An attacker can obtain information such as:
- CakePHP Framework version.
- Physical file path of CakePHP Framework files.
- Information about the generated exception and possibly source code, SQL queries, etc.
Configure your application not to provide detailed error pages in production environments. Save all information regarding the error to a backend storage, such as a log or a text file, and show a friendly custom error page to the user.
Invicti Security Insights
- Sven Morgenroth Talks About PHP Object Injection Vulnerabilities on Paul’s Security Weekly Podcast
- End of Support for PHP 5 and PHP 7.0
- The Powerful Resource of PHP Stream Wrappers
- Sven Morgenroth Talks About PHP Type Juggling on Paul’s Security Weekly Podcast
- Detailed Explanation of PHP Type Juggling Vulnerabilities