Code Evaluation (PHP)
Invicti identified a Code Evaluation (PHP), which occurs when input data is run as source code.
This is a highly critical issue and should be addressed as soon as possible.
An attacker can execute arbitrary PHP code on the system. The attacker may also be able to execute arbitrary system commands.
Do not accept input from end users which will be directly interpreted as source code. If this is a business requirement, validate all input to the application by removing any data that could be directly interpreted as PHP source code.
Required Skills for Successful Exploitation#
This vulnerability is not difficult to leverage. PHP is a high level language for which there are vast resources available. Successful exploitation requires knowledge of the programming language, access to the source code or the ability to produce source code for use in such attacks, and minimal attack skills.
Invicti Security Insights
- Why Framework Choice Matters in Web Application Security
- Sven Morgenroth Talks About PHP Object Injection Vulnerabilities on Paul’s Security Weekly Podcast
- End of Support for PHP 5 and PHP 7.0
- The Powerful Resource of PHP Stream Wrappers
- Sven Morgenroth Talks About PHP Type Juggling on Paul’s Security Weekly Podcast