GARTNER® TOP TRENDS IN CYBERSECURITY 2023 REPORT:
“By 2027, more than 50% of core business applications will be built using composable architecture requiring a new security paradigm.”
According to Gartner, 88% of board directors view cybersecurity risk as primarily a business risk, not a technology risk. However, supporting and accelerating business outcomes is a core cybersecurity priority that yet remains a top challenge.
Get the report
Your information will be kept private
Highlights from this report:
This report outlines the main areas of focus for cybersecurity leaders that help them advance the desired business outcomes whilst prioritizing security, including:
- Adopting a composable approach to security architectures helps security leaders attain “security by design“.
- Optimizing the alignment of cybersecurity capabilities to new, distributed ways of working by adopting new security operating models and architectural approaches that foster agility and embed security by design.
- What type of security efforts must be implemented to facilitate faster and more secure delivery of new applications or business functionality.
- By 2027, more than 50% of core business applications will be built using composable architecture requiring a new security paradigm.
- Through 2026, more than 40% of organizations, including two-thirds of midsize enterprises will rely on consolidated platforms to run cybersecurity validation assessments.
- By 2026, organizations prioritizing their security investments based on a continuous threat exposure management program will suffer two-thirds fewer breaches.
Gartner, Top Trends in Cybersecurity 2023, Richard Addiscott, Alex Michaels, Jeremy D’Hoinne, Lisa Neubauer, Henrique Teixeira, John Watts, William Candrick, Wam Voster, 17 March 2023
GARTNER is a registered trademark and service mark of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally, and is used herein with permission. All rights reserved.